07 September 2007

1 year old today...

And so giroscope stumbles into its second 12 months as of now. Sadly I missed the Chappel beer festival this time round but we are planning to go to Ipswich in a couple of weeks' time.

Not much to time to post for the tiem being as I'm mainly into making some music through an Immersion Composition Lodge at the moment. Anyone who enjoys writing and making music but doesn't get so much time to do it anymore should really check out this immersion composition malarkey. Initially I thought that it would involve playing guitar in a flotation tank, but no. In fact you have to write and record as many songs as possible in 24 hours. The aim is 20 songs but I don't know anyone who's managed that (actually probably Napalm Death would have managed it in about 20 minutes in the old days.) I'm coping with the restrictions by paring down my arrangements to basic heavy metal, and taking lyrical inspiration from Budgie and Grand Funk Railroad. More on this as it unfolds, but for now, Rock On.

In the meantime, here is another great blog for you, this time inspired by a friend's surname: saunders.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Giroscope. Cheers for 12 months of political insight tinged with hilarity (or is it the other way around). Might I suggest some raw fish and beer in celebration?

T.N.T. said...

Thanks son. Yep - a beer/sushi 'combo' would be nice. I will be in touch...